Welcome to the
South Communication Network (SCN)
The South MS SCN meets in the South MS Library on the first Wednesday of each month from 7:00PM to 8:00PM (meetings usually last an hour or less). Everyone is welcome so please plan on joining us for an SCN meeting.
You can make a difference in your child's education by becoming an active participant. Every parent, guardian, and faculty member is invited to participate in our monthly meetings. These meetings provide an open forum for us to share ideas and talents than enhance the middle school experience for all children.
The South Communications Network is an organized group in which every parent/guardian of a South Middle School student is automatically a member. We work together to meet the needs of students, classrooms and the school in general to help build a spirit of community so that every student can have the best educational, social, and personal growth experience possible through their middle school years.
Here are some of the things the South Communication Network does:
- Purchases equipment used to enhance classroom learning
- Contributes to the cost of the Blackboard Connect System (BBC) that keeps families updated on important school information
- Provides concessions for purchase at school events, sporting events, and special activities throughout the year
- Organizes fundraisers to support classroom and student needs
- Provides an opportunity to purchase gym uniforms and spirit wear
- Organizes family fun events to enhance the middle school experience and build the community
- Organizes teacher/staff appreciation events