Pennridge School District Property Tax Rebate Program
Pennridge School District has a new way in which some of our taxpayers can benefit from tax relief. At the September 23, 2019 board meeting, the Pennridge School District Board of Directors approved a property tax rebate program that will see a discount of up to $162.50 for certain homeowners.
To qualify for the discount, applicants must be:
- Homeowners with a household income of not more than $35,000 annually
- be 65 years of age or older; OR
- be a widow or widower aged 50 years of age or older; OR
- be permanently disabled and 18 years of age or older
The property tax rebate program is based on the existing Pennsylvania Property Tax and Rent Rebate program, which has been in effect since 1971 and is funded by state lottery and slot machine proceeds. Pennridge homeowners must qualify for the state rebate program to qualify for the district rebate program. Pennridge School District is granting a 25 percent rebate as follows:
- 25 percent (maximum $162.50) annual rebate for Pennridge School District homeowners with a yearly household income between $0 to $8,000;
- 25 percent (maximum $125.00) annual rebate for Pennridge School District homeowners with a yearly household income between $8,001 to $15,000;
- 25 percent (maximum $75.00) annual rebate for Pennridge School District homeowners with a yearly household income between $15,001 to $18,000; and
- 25 percent (maximum $62.50) annual rebate for Pennridge School District homeowners with a yearly household income between $18,001 to $35,000)
Property Tax Rebates are for homeowner's primary residence within Pennridge School District only.
The 2021-2022 Tax Rebate application must be submitted to Pennridge School District with a completed copy of the claimant’s 2020 PA 1000 Property Tax or Rent Rebate Claim form along with proof the claimant received a property tax rebate payment from Pennsylvania. The Pennridge School District will begin receiving applications after July 1, 2021, but no later than June 30, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the rebate received?
When can the rebate be expected?
Do I need to attach a copy of my school real estate tax bill?
What can I use if I do not have a copy of form PA-1000?
Will a bank statement be sufficient as a receipt of the amount set forth as requested in Part D, line (b)?
What other methods of proof may I provide for my receipt of the amount set forth in Part D, line (b)?
Is the school property tax rebate yearly or a one-time rebate?
Is anyone available at the district level to answer questions?